We are in the process of developing a series of activities at Birley that are aimed at getting Key Stage 3 girls enthused about science, The focus of this project is to foster engagement and learning surrounding creative STEAM activities. The target schools will be selected from those identified by MMU’s Widening Participation team.
Student-teacher volunteers will take an active role in the delivery of a series of after-school workshops.
Elements of the programme include:
- Making and Breaking focus
- Exploring the pedagogy of fostering “maker mentality” and non-linear learning
- Recycling equipment to explore awareness of environmental impact
- Embodied approaches to STEAM education
- Self-evaluation of identity and transformations drama based activities and recording learner stories