Ok, this weekend has seen the San Diego Comic Convention in USA at which apparently has been mega busy by all reports. Things sold out pretty quickly and though I tried to get a poster buddy to get me a few posters bsides the Ansin Conan poster I already secured I’ve not had any luck., So, over the coming months I will be trying to buy on the secondary market or will try to acquire through trading some of my older stuff for a number of ‘must-haves”. Here are the ones that I would really like to own in my collection and the best in my opinion on what has been on offer, though understandbly, I ain’t seen everything. These are my faves and the ones marked * are my must haves:
* Spirited Away, Artist Olly Moss, 20 x 36 screen print, edition 225 (variant).
The Dark Tower, Artist Drew Struzan, 20 x 36 screen print, edition 450.
* The Thing*, artist Jock, 24 x 36 screen print, edition 150 (variant).
* Godzilla, artist Phantom City Creative, 24 x 36 screen print, edition 100 (variant).
* Aliens, artist Ken Taylor, 24 x 36 screen print, edition 425 (regular).
King Kong, artist William Stout, 24 x 36 screen print, edition 325.
Pacific Rim, artist Kevin Tong, 24 x 36 screen print, edition 375 (regular).
I actually prefer the variant …
* Pacific Rim, Tong, edition 200, (variant)
Metropolis, artist Kevin Tong 18 x 24 Giclee print. (not a Mondo release).
If you reading this I hope you agree these are some great pieces of movie poster art.